2/16/11

My Best Friend

My best friend is a WONDERFUL, LOVING, KIND person....

By Day He is a analyst, who wears a tie 5 days a week......

By Night a triathlon trainee....


He is PERSONABLE, LOVING, SMART, STRONG, UNIQUE and he's the love of my LIFE!
He is a WONDERFUL daddy of 2




Meet Derek



Derek is the kind of guy that if he met you once he will considers you a friend for life.......He is VERY honest. If you ask him a question you don't have to worry about him not telling the truth, even if the truth isn't what you want to hear :-) He's real. He's MY Derek.



I've never met anyone faster at numbers. EVERYTHING has a number in his mind. It is not unusual to have a percentage added to the likelihood of something happening or not happening. He has number sequences saved in his brain even he doesn't know what they are to......onetime it was his sweet mates Social Security number.....yes this scared his co-worker out just a tad.

Derek is an athlete. He has set the goal to train for a triathlon this winter. Within the first week he could swim, bike and run within a competitive time frame. I'm just always amazed at how hard he can push his body to go. Me, I'm a wimp. But, Derek is STRONG. He is determined.

Did I mention that Derek is the best Daddy every for 2 little kiddos?
Well he is! Derek has this smile that he only has for his kids. I've tried to capture it but have trouble not getting a child's face in the picture also. The Kids also have smiles just for their daddy. It makes me happy when I see these smiles.


I knew of Derek in 1st grade....so in Derek's eyes we have been friends since first grade:-) But we re-met when I was a freshman at Mid-Plains Community College. He was in his 2nd year and had just moved back home to take some generals. He had longer curly hair, a husker hat, and (what I thought were ridiculous) black and white shoes he called "kicks". He was casual, laid back, every one's best friend and don't ever try to "plan" an activity, just go with the flow kind of guy. He still is that guy, maybe a little more mature and grown up but deep down he still prefers his ball cap and "kicks" any day. And can make a friend in the check out line at Walmart. He Loves God, Loves our kids and Loves me with his Whole heart!


There are so many layers to Derek, He loves to drive anything that moves, wants to take a sailboat around the world, become a business man and retire on the Coast somewhere. He could talk to a fence post if there was no one to listen to him, and cares deeply for the people in his life. This is the
MAN I LOVE
I feel so blessed to spend our WHOLE lives together!

1 comment: