3/29/12

It's been awhile.....

It's been a few months since I posted about my children....There doing good in case you didn't know:-) Preschool is a big part of our week....we are working on getting through the alphabet before summer gets here. The million dollar question I'm asked weekly is are you  going to home school your kids? The answer.....I DON'T KNOW! I can't say I feel completely called to it...yet...I do still have a good two years to decide. But I can say I am burdened by the amount of time children are asked to sit in desks at such Young ages. Boys in particular...girls too... were not created to sit QUIETLY and do anything for long periods of time. I'm not saying teachers don't try to acknowledge this in the classroom but when you are responsible for up to 25 children without any help (budget cuts in our area) I can't imagine being able to do much but well organized activities just to stay sane. so there...you have heard my soap box.....don't be mad at me...it's just my opinion, Right or wrong.....I mean I went to school to be a teacher I don't hate teachers I just think it's sad what our society has put on them to teach our children.

ok enough rambling......a while back we learned the letter N.....we are on T now......So Noodles were a big part of our activities. I try not to do a bunch of worksheets and do more hands on learning type stuff......So it's normal to make 2 lbs of noodles for kids to play with right? well it's kind of normal here.....And spaghetti is just a given during N week.

oh yes, use your fingers.....


Larger RED messy mess!

Messes are great.....right.......

Even makes for happy babies......as a side note.....This little girl is 1 today!


Yum!


Maybe Bath time should be next.....

I'm telling your minutes of entertainment here.......

They did ask for more red sauce to which I said NO NO NO NO thank you!

Digging out the small toy hidden inside


He kept telling me it was sticky
THEN because it's been like 80 degrees in march we did some homemade sidewalk chalk......Don't mind my kid's hair! It's crazy crazy!!!!

Lexi thinks hot = no clothing, oh! and we are in this faze that we have to wear "underwear"

She really isn't an orphan!

Another raggedy Ann child of mine.....I do know what a hair cut is!



Sweet Grace! painting her little heart out.





mmmmm....yummy!!

This activity lasted ALMOST as long as it took me to make the stuff :-) That's pretty good in our book.
So there, now your are kind of sort of updated on our lives.......oh! and so sorry, these pictures are straight off the camera no extras here. Don't have time......

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the school part of your post..... and I haven't decided if I am home schooling either because if Addi is anything like me, I will lose my mind!

    ReplyDelete