4/29/11

bows, leggins and ruffles!

OK so I love my little boy, and soon I will post on him, but today I'm posting on Princess Alexis.



We (me and three 2 year olds) took Lexi's 8 month pictures this past Thursday. I really need to get someone to record what's going on during a shoot to really understand what goes into getting babies to look at the camera and to get it accomplished with the toddlers........

So I have this bow fetish, like for example....I made this picture holder for jaxon when he was born that is about 36 inches by 24 inches and we put lots of pictures on it, some of his family, friends and him. So naturally when Lexi was born I made her one too (same size). Well, it has 0 pictures on it but it does have about 30 bows and almost as many head bands. Like this one......
um yes we are still growing into this bad boy, but it IS much better then when she was a new born:-) This hat reminds me of black lady hats. I think it's WONDERFUL. Pretty sure Lexi does too.

 OK well maybe not but she doesn't have a say yet. So I know some people think it's not good to put all these bows in your little girls hair and all that, well until she cares I don't care what other people think and I think they are great! It's like the big bangs in the 80's it was great then, maybe not now, but then you were AWESOME if you had big bangs. Big Bows are AWESOME too!


ok maybe this one fits her head a little better.



I love the zebra too. I am pretty much having a blast with all the hot pink, bows and zebra. when they are combined I get all happy and silly.....I'm really not kidding about this, I have been known to pick up the adorable decorated child and asked her daddy (who know how to answer) and asked isn't she SO CUTE!

I know what you are thinking, "that's a lot of waisted money", well yes, it could be. Since bows are at least $5 each and head bands are sometimes about the same. Well let me tell you about this really AMAZING website: http://www.alwaysunderpay.com/flowers.html I get my boys for 50 cents each and the head bands for I think the same. They also have pettiskirts for under $10! Yes, They are pretty cool too:-) So go visit them for bows.
You do have to hot glue the alligator clip to the back but don't worry, they sell those too.

I also have these wonderful zebra ruffle butt bloomers I made.
just cute 3 strips of elastic the length of the bloomers and sew on 2x as much ribbon then elastic by stretching the elastic to it's fullest. then sew the 3 strips onto the bloomers. It took like maybe 20 min. start to finish and I had 5 kids in my house.

Ok so my other little accessory that makes me weak in the knees is, leggings! I LOVE a chunky monkey leg in some leggings!

SO SO SO easy. Buy tube socks from Target for $2 or dollar tree for $1 (go figure) and cute the foot out then hem it. Your done! This is seriously like a 2 min. project, it takes longer to get the machine out then to do it. Here is a picture of them hem.......
So my little princes is always getting dressed up and I'm pretty sure someday I will get this look more often when I want to play dress up,


but until then I will enjoy it!






 and as a side note I wanted to share a few pictures that are really good examples of using wide aperture for my photography friends. When you use wide aperture the background is blurry and the foreground is clear. This hands picture actually has a stroller about 2 feet behind her but you can't see it because my aperture was maxed out.
So there you go, my Princess and all her bows, leggings and ruffles! Let me know if you have tried these crafts or know any other websites I should know about! Here are the rest of the pics from the photo shoot, the brick wall and tulips are from a house across the street from us....I literally ran across shot the pics and ran back, but not before the owner noticed :-) She was cool about it after she saw how cute Lexi was in her big bow!





1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is.... beautiful Baby, beautiful Mommy! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete